API Tech Lead
- Builds and drives teams, enterprise partners and vendors in delivering innovative digital products through the creation of re-usable RESTful APIs.
- Ensures efficient execution of overall product delivery by prioritizing, planning and tracking sprint progress. This can include development of shippable code.
- Actively engages in product and business discussions with a technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Models an environment of strong collaboration and partnership with engineers, domain architects, product leaders, stakeholders and partners to drive execution of roadmap, negotiate changes in priorities and manage communication of impacts.
- Manages and directs 4 to 6 software developers. Evaluates employee performance; sets expectations and goals for individual staff members; and recruits, disciplines and trains staff.
- Expert in either Python or Node.js
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems and background task management.
- Proficiency in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database princples.
- 5-7 years of experience in product development as senior engineer, technical lead or product architect.
- 2-3 years of experience with hybrid resource environments that can include changing mixes of in-house, contractor- and/or partner-provided resources.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Proven track record of executing on the full product lifecycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Quant Systems INC
Corp to Corp
Required IT skills: